The Decision to Sell a House in Stockton has a lot to do with “what you want to accomplish and who you hire”.
Real Estate is a people business and like other industries it is important that you hire the right person for the job. The problem is that most real estate agents are not the right fit for 40% of the market and the numbers bear that out. We’ll come back to that 40% number later.
If you thinking about selling your house there are many things that need to be taken into consideration to accomplish your goal. Believe it or not, you have many alternatives to just hiring a real estate agent and if you are wondering, “Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent To Sell My Home In Stockton Or Just Sell it to a Cash Home Buyer?” this blog post may help you think through that process.
It’s not so much that selling a house is a big, complex decision, most people are smart enough to take that on themselves. It’s much more than that because if you hire a real estate agent they become a partner advisor of sorts to help guide you through the process. The problem, however, is that most real Estate agents don’t have the experience to help many homeowners with unique and challenging home ownership issues navigate the challenges that they will surely face.
Most real estate agents are in fact not the real sellers at all and while that may surprise you to read that, most real estate agents that list your house are counting on some other unknown real estate agent to actually sell it for them so that they can collect a commission. To them its a numbers game and no matter how much marketing is done, believe it or not, over 40% of houses that get listed on the MLS with a real Estate Agent do not sell within the initial listing period.
For those houses, the homeowners are stuck and pretty much left on their own to decide to relist with another real estate agent (and start the process all over again) or create another sales plan. Unfortunately most real estate agents don’t really care one way or another.
Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent To Sell My Home In Stockton Or Just Sell it Myself To An Investor (Cash Home Buyer)?
Pros And Cons Of hiring a Real Estate Agent
- Experienced Real Estate Agents understand the selling process
- You’ll never meet the prospective buyers
- You won’t have to do the actual negotiating – the agent will take care of that for you
- The agent will offer advice
- You might get a price closer to your asking price
- There are no definite time frames or guarantees to sell
- You’ll never meet the prospective buyers
- You’ll have to pay to fix up your house
- You’ll have to interview, hire and pay Contractors
- You’ll have to clean up your house
- You’ll have to wait for all of the work to get done
- You’ll have to vacate the house during showings
- You’ll have to wait while an agent shows your house to prospective buyers – this could take months
- You’ll have holding Cost which means that you’ll have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property the whole time the house is on the market (These holding cost need to be subtracted from your profit)
- You’ll have to pay the agent’s commissions (usually 5% to 6%)
- You might not get the price you are looking for
- the listing may expire and your house may not sell
- You may never get full Market Price for your house and your investment may end up costing you money
Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent To Sell My Home In Stockton Or Sell To An Investor?
Pros And Cons Of Working With An Investor
- The experienced investor will have done this often and will know what they are doing
- You’ll know exactly what the offer is – there’s no guesswork or gambling on the market or the experience of a rookie real estate agent
- You don’t have to pay to fix up your house
- You don’t have to clean up your house
- You don’t have to wait months
- … which means you don’t have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property that whole time. (There are NO Holding Cost)
- You don’t have any commissions or fees to pay
- You might not get “full market price” for your house – an investor may pay less but you will get your cash out now without waiting for inspections, appraisers, more negotiations, buyers demands and price concessions.
Which Is Better For You?
For many property owners it comes down to just a few simple questions:
- How soon do you want to sell and get paid?
- Would you rather gamble and see IF you can get full market price (but pay more in bills and holding cost) or know right away exactly how much you’ll get (and save money in all those expenses)?
When you answer these questions, you’ll know whats appropriate for you and your situation: So the bigger question “Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent To Sell My Home In Stockton Or Sell To An Investor?” will become self evident as you speak to the people that can actually help you.
Ready To Sell Now?
If you’re thinking of selling and have questions about the process or to see how much we can offer for your property, just call us and talk to us at (209)481-7780 about your house and we’ll see how we can help – we will be able to give you a cash offer to buy your house immediately or we might be able to refer you to a great real estate agent that we know and work with. You can also visit us at http://www.IBuyHousesStockton.com or click here now and fill out the form and we’ll get back to you right away.