If you’ve been driving around in Stockton, chances are you’ve seen some signs or billboards advertising companies that buy houses. They’ll read “I Buy Houses” or “We Buy Houses”. or “Cash For Your House”.
Are these “We Buy Houses Companies in Stockton” Credible?
Finding out which of the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible is not as difficult as may seem. There are so many resources available and if you understand the house buying process its pretty easy to weed out the good from the bad actors.
First: You need to do a little research and that means talk with more than one company. If you do, you will get a general sense of how things work and the process that everybody follows. Once you have an understanding of that, its pretty easy to identify the good, the bad and the experts that you are talking to. Ask a lot of questions. Do their answers make sense? Do any of the solutions offered help you and your specific situation? Would you trust them to complete the transaction?
Remember it all starts with an interview and what your gut feeling is.
Second: You can ask for references. If they have been in business for any length of time they will know the Title Companies and their employees by name and those people know and can tell you if the people that you are talking to are legitimate cash home buyers in Stockton.
Third: Ask for Proof of Funds: If you really want to find out which of these companies are for real, ask them to provide a bank statement that shows that they have the cash on hand to make the purchase they are talking about. Don’t accept a letter from some company out of Timbuktu, as a bank statements proof positive and the majority will just thin themselves out of the process.
Fourth: Know that the business of buying and selling houses is not just some made for TV drama. The we buy houses Stockton businesses are necessary in every real estate market and the transactions help communities redevelop and rebuild. Not all houses are created equal and either are the circumstances that their owners find themselves in.
Imagine owning a house that suffers a lot of deferred maintenance that cannot be sold to a conventional buyer because no bank will offer financing on a fixer-upper. How does that house get sold? If it weren’t for the cash home buyers and we buy houses companies, these houses would deteriorate and bring down entire neighborhoods.
Think outside the Box: What about inherited properties where the heirs have no resources to own a second house? What about the foreclosure properties that are vacant? There are so many reasons that people want to sell their houses and wait for a real estate agent that cant make a promise to sell within a specific time frame.
The fact is that these companies are real estate investors, that risk their money to purchase a house with the hopes of someday making a profit. In the mean time, they spend a lot of money by making purchases, they employ many people and they improve neighborhoods one house at a time.
These companies, otherwise known as cash home buyers, are just like any other contractors that dedicate themselves to finding and fixing distressed properties.
Finally, let’s go over exactly what the best real estate investors and Cash Home Buyers in the Stockton area are doing.
What Reputable Stockton We Buy Houses Company’s Are Really Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind for homeowners with unwanted houses.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Stockton CA.
- Buying US products. We spend lots of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Stockton neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Stockton.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Stockton House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up. It also ensures that you will be paid.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Westbrook REI do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Stockton house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Stockton companies“… ask questions!
Give us a call anytime at (209) 481-7780 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>